Pop Evil has put out their latest video for “Torn To Pieces”. It’s a touching video that focuses on the loss of frontman Leigh Kakaty’s father.
I love this guy on the tour. Classic beauty.
Spencer Jebb is joining us on the morning show today (just after 8) he will be fighting as part of ExCessive Force 4: Meltdown this Saturday night at the Entrec Centre. You can lock up your seats this this thrilling event right now at evergreenpark.ca
Visit the Xcessive Force FC Facebook page.
If you have any questions for Spenny, comment below or call us at 780 539 9797.
Lots going on on the Rock 97.7 Drive from 3-6!
- 2 ticket giveaway to The Monster Truck Throwdown
- 2 ticket giveaway to Pomeroy Guitars and Wagons (huge concert)
- Surprise announcement at 5:40ish!
- HUGE festival was announced today, we got the recap
- The Live, Work, and Play here photo contest is starting again.
- The Jays are on the field to kick off a 9 game road trip.
Win tickets and hear the happenings on ROCK 97.7 between 3 and 6 today!
JUNE 19TH-22ND 2014
Tickets on sale Friday, April 18th at 8am online at www.evergreenpark.ca or from Maddhatters. $55 advance/ $65 at the door
Pomeroy Inn & Suites and Maddhatters have once again teamed up with the Western Chuckwagon Association to bring Grande Prairie and area more of the most sought after sports and entertainment.
This weekend will feature the WCA Chuckwagon series, pro rodeo events including Ladies Barrel Races, two nights of Pro Bull Riding, Thoroughbread Flat Races, Wild Cow Riding and Children’s Mini Wagon Races! To top that off, event organizers have ensured over 20,000+ people to attend and have some secrets in store promising you the best beer garden entertainment ever!!!
Rumors are SWIRLING in Australia right now that AC/DC are finished as a band and will never perform, or record again.
Not because of drama, but reports are saying a band member is ill, and it may just be that time for the boys, despite rumblings they would be recording in Vancouver next month. That band member could be Malcom Young, and it may be REALLY BAD.
“The rumours about AC/DC’s retirement stemmed from an anonymous email to Perth radio station 6PR by a person identifying themselves only as “Thunderstruck”, who said: “I have extremely good contacts in Europe that are very close to AC/DC. I have it on very good authority that one of the band members is quite ill and has returned to Australia with his family. AC/DC members have previously made a pact that no band members will be replaced should someone need to leave the band. No more is currently being said, however the particularly ill member of AC/DC’s son has stated that AC/DC may well be over.”
If true, I can’t even actually say if true because I don’t want it to be. We’ll keep you posted and wait for official news.
First day of News and Information for this week!
- A full parole hearing will be held for the driver in a crash that killed 4 Grande Prairie teens in 2011.
- Fairview water is now good to go! The break has been fixed!
- You can help the city decide the future of water facilities in Grande Prairie!
- 20 or so kids in Fort St. John had a bad run in with pepper spray.
- Lunar Eclipse tonight.
- Regular season NHL is done until playoffs start Wednesday!
- Free tickets to be won on the Drive!
Catch all the stories, updates, and fun from 3-6 every afternoon on ROCK 97.7.
What an absolutely sick show Saturday night at the EnCana Events Centre. I have to say we are super blessed to have such a wonderful facility to get our fix in… like HellYeah said at the show, we’re all a little off, this is our THERAPY.
Therapy it was… I was super impressed with Avenged Sevenfold. They way they sounded and their stage presence, that was metal. Reminded me a lot of Alice Cooper and I really appreciated not just the music but the overall SHOW.
Hopefully you had a spectacular time… but we’re moving on to the NEXT, Kevin and I are announcing a MONSTER concert this morning AND we have a chance for you to BEAT THE BOX OFFICE on some tickets… if we accepted bribes you’d be willing for these, trust me. More after 7am this morning… stream it online if you can.
- Police are looking for Norman Macaskill and Micheal Ivany, who are considered armed and dangerous. A robbery occured at a home in Fox Creek April 6th. Charges include robbery with a firearm, assault with a weapon, and theft. RCMP are asking you to report any info you may have on the suspects wherabouts but do not approach the men.
- Also water is on in Fairview after a leaking pipe was fixed yesterday.
- Spring cleanup continues on GP streets.
- You now have 5 extra days to file your tax returns… Canada Revenue Agency has opened their efile systems and say everything is safe.
As per usual, there was plenty of drama surround the founding 4 members of KISS of late.
The cause? Their induction into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame.
Despite the nasty comments going back and forth between Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss in the past little bit about the HOF, the band actually were very cordial and even complimentary during their speeches.
Well, except Paul, but instead of smack talking the 2 ex-founding band members, he chose to smack talk the Hall Of Fame in his speech!
He says, “The people are speaking to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and what they’re saying is that they want more. They don’t want to be spoon-fed with a handful of choices.The people buy tickets, the people buy albums, the people who nominate do not. Let’s not forget that these are the people who make it all possible. We just benefit from it.”
Maybe the Hall will listen to Paul and let us put some feedback into the choices!
Here’s the video of all of KISS’ speeches!